Firebreath 2.0 with Bisual Studio 2015 - Build Errors

Debjit Das

Dec 16, 2016, 3:53:38 PM12/16/16
to firebreath-dev
Hi,

I downloaded Firebreath 2.0 from branch '2.0' from github.  I created a plugin project and used prep2015.cmd prep script for creating the Visual Studio 2015 solution. However while building the solution (without any change) I encountered 12 compilation errors. All were type conversion errors, like the one given below.

Error C2440 'return': cannot convert from 'std::_Binder<std::_Unforced,FB::detail::methods::method_wrapper1<C,R,T0,R (__cdecl TestPluginAPI::* )(T0)>,C *&,const std::_Ph<1> &>' to 'std::function<FB::variantPromise (const std::vector<FB::variant,std::allocator<_Ty>> &)>' TestPlugin e:\hitachi\firebreathtest\testplugin\firebreath\src\scriptingcore\MethodConverter.h 156

What can be the reason for this ? and how to resolve this ?

Thanks,
Debjit

Richard Bateman

Dec 23, 2016, 12:52:21 PM12/23/16
to FireBreath Dev Group
I'm not sure; this isn't an issue I've seen when building with VS2013.
I'll be trying that eventually but not likely in the next couple of
weeks.

Richard
> --
>
> ---

Debjit Das

Dec 26, 2016, 1:34:24 AM12/26/16
to firebreath-dev
Hi Richard

I was also able to build correctly with Visual Studio 2013. Compatibility with Visual Studio 2015 seems to be the problem.

Sergio Garcia Murillo

Jan 13, 2017, 12:48:53 PM1/13/17
to firebreath-dev
I have he same problem also with VS 2015

Sergio Garcia Murillo

Jan 17, 2017, 11:25:39 AM1/17/17
to firebreath-dev
Can you try this PR and see if it works for you?

Alexandre GOUAILLARD

Jan 18, 2017, 1:35:47 AM1/18/17
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
did you compile it with FB-boost or system boost.
if the later, can you please provide the command line  you used?

--

---

Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore

Sergio Garcia Murillo

Jan 18, 2017, 3:49:15 AM1/18/17
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
With system boost using latest 1.63 precompiled boost library:

prep2015x64.cmd examples  "-DWITH_SYSTEM_BOOST=1" "-DBOOST_ROOT=C:/usr/boost_1_63_0_x64" "-DBOOST_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS=1.63.0" "-DBOOST_USE_STATIC_LIBS=ON" "-DBOOST_USE_STATIC_RUNTIME=ON"

I am getting now a duplicated lib error when linking, but it may be my local environment, will try to fix it this morning and let you know if everything works after the patch.

Best regards
Sergio
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "firebreath-dev" group.

Alexandre GOUAILLARD

Jan 18, 2017, 4:03:47 AM1/18/17
to firebre...@googlegroups.com
I added a default MSVC 2015 build to appveyor with firebreath-boost, and I pulled in your code.
it builds on my machine, but the resulting plugin crashes my IE 11 on win7.

I will add a build with sys_boost.

you can check the result on

you can bring in my frirebreath for, branch 2.0 and set up appveyor for free to test your commits against your fork if you want.

@richard: you have the appveyor file already, but you need to sign in appveyor with your GitHub ID for the builds to start.