Firebreath plugin for 64-bit Firefox

Bobby Pardridge

Dec 16, 2016, 3:53:38 PM12/16/16
to firebreath-dev
I am trying to get a simple plugin test project to work in 64-bit Firefox

I followed the directions in these video tutorials here:

The only things I did differently was to use prep2008x64.cmd instead of prep2010, and I also built it in release instead of debug

I was able to build the dll just fine, and the regsvr32 cmd said it registered successfully

However, when I go into about:plugins it isn't there

I also tried explicitly running regsvr32 from the following directory:

c:\Windows\SysWOW64

but to no avail either

I haven't been able to find much on the internet for help with this, except this post:

which doesn't seem to have a resolution (I don't understand what the guy means about getting it working with Chromium?)

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Richard Bateman

Dec 23, 2016, 1:46:09 PM12/23/16
to FireBreath Dev Group
I would guess that for some reason regsvr32 isn't registering it to
the correct place; beyond that I don't know.

Richard
> --
>
> ---

Hau5

Aug 22, 2017, 9:58:22 AM8/22/17
to firebreath-dev
I am using firebreath 2.0 and same issue.. Simple plugin using 2013x64 to build and it doesnt show up on ie. I tried the regulard 32 bit that is working on my windows 7 and still doesnt work on windows 10 IE 11.. Did you find a solution? I can load it and I am sure it has loaded (bc firefox and chrome can both call the dll) but IE just doenst show it in the list.. Anyone has any ideas?? There are zero help online for this