Trace Services fbtrace.conf

Thomas Aichinger

Feb 11, 2021, 1:20:09 PM2/11/21
to firebird-support

I tried to trace all statments of a specific database. As soon as I start firebird with my configuration I get this error.

fb3     Thu Feb 11 11:03:00 2021
        Trace plugin fbtrace returned error on call trace_create.
        error while parsing trace configuration
        line 23: error while compiling regular expression "%[\\/]test-de-soll.fdb"

If I start trace without a spacific database it works.

This is fbtrace.conf line 23.

database = %[\\/]test-de-soll.fdb

I have tried several modifications but I can't figure out what is wrong with  my expression. Since I took it from the examples section, just changed the databases name.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Mark Rotteveel

Feb 11, 2021, 1:45:09 PM2/11/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
You also need to escape the minus (`-`), as it is a special character in
the SQL regular expression syntax. So use:
database = %[\\/]test\-de\-soll.fdb

See also
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fblangref25/firebird-25-language-reference.html#fblangref25-commons-syntaxregex

Mark