How to Fix/Repair corrupt Firebird GDB/GBK file?

Kristanto Lioe

Jul 19, 2022, 11:25:53 PMJul 19
to firebird-support

Dear all,

We have corrupt Firebird GDB and GBK files. This is caused by the Disk damage, then we do disk recovery, but it seems that the recovery result is not perfect.

Here is the error when I try to open Gdb file :

Engine Error (code = 335544323): file C:\..\xxxx.GDB is not a valid database SQL Error (code = -922) Connection authorization failure

And when we try to open the Gbk file :
Failed to restore!, check file xxxXX.gdb and make sure its not in use and the file's property is not read only.

How or is there any tools to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Kris

Elmar Haneke

Jul 20, 2022, 5:01:04 AMJul 20
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

> Here is the error when I try to open Gdb file : Engine Error (code =
> 335544323): file C:\..\xxxx.GDB is not a valid database SQL Error
> (code = -922) Connection authorization failure

the GDB file seems to be damaged. Perhaps gfix can repair, you should
give it a try on an copy.

Also the password database "security*.fdb" might be the problem, you
should try to recover on an fresh install of firebird.

> And when we try to open the Gbk file :
> Failed to restore!, check file xxxXX.gdb and make sure its not in use
> and the file's property is not read only.

This means that the GDB file is preventing restore.

Try restoring to an different filename.

Also make sure that your filesystem is not corrupt.

Elmar

Hugo Eyng | Datamais

Jul 20, 2022, 1:48:41 PMJul 20
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Hello, Kris.

Tools: ib-aid.com

Or

Try to extract table by table and recreate your database, if it is possible to open your DB.

Atenciosamente,

Hugo

Kristanto Lioe

Jul 21, 2022, 6:05:15 AMJul 21