Firebird Embedded VB.net 2008 Error

Andrew Gable

May 4, 2021, 6:46:13 PM5/4/21
to firebird-support
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me I am new to using Firebird embedded
this is my problem

when my Software starts up I get the following error message

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -804 Function unknown REPLACE

This is the following SQL Command I am using

Select
functiontype,
linenumber,
lineaglinment,
linefont,
replace(replace(linetext,',,',','),'''','''')
from rec_table
where functiontype='R'
Order by linenumber ASC

Can someone confirm for me if Embedded actually supports the replace command if not how would i do this function
(The above code works perfectly fine on my MySQL Database server)

liviuslivius

May 5, 2021, 1:50:40 AM5/5/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Firebird support many functions and REPLACE too. All depends on Firebird version itself. Which Firebird version do you use? If i remember correctly it was introduced as builtin function in FB2.5. Previously you must use udf library.

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

May 5, 2021, 3:34:48 AM5/5/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
We are migrating a database from mono-company to multi-company and so we need to drop PK and rebuild with company code into it
When we try to alter table and drop constraint PK. we receive back this error
unsuccessful metadata update ALTER TABLE aliquote_sub failed unknown ISC error 336068738

I don't found this error description, some ideas?

Fabio Codebue

P-SOFT di Codebue Fabio

Via Nuova n. 9 - 24060 Tavernola B.sca (BG)

P.I. 03624950162

C.F. CDBFBA72A11C618T

Mobile: +39.348.3515786

Fax: +39.030.5100306

Web: http://www.p-soft.biz

pec: amminis...@pec.p-soft.biz
cod.intermediario SDI: KRRH6B9

Andrew Gable

liviuslivius

May 5, 2021, 5:13:56 AM5/5/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Check properties of dll which you use. Right click on it and go to properties.

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

05.05.2021 09:34, P-Soft - Fabio Codebue wrote:
> When we try to alter table and drop constraint PK. we receive back this error
> unsuccessful metadata update ALTER TABLE aliquote_sub failed unknown ISC error 336068738
>
> I don't found this error description, some ideas?

First of all your installation is incorrect and wrong client version is used. You must
fix it before continue.
I recommend use UUID instead of composite PK.

--
WBR, SD.

Andrew Gable

May 5, 2021, 6:37:08 AM5/5/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karol,

Thank-you for the advice from what I can see I am using a very old version of the embedded dll (1.5.2.4731) Could some one please point me in the right direction to download a newer version of the dll.

thanks

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 10:13 AM liviuslivius <livius...@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
Check properties of dll which you use. Right click on it and go to properties.

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

liviuslivius

May 5, 2021, 7:14:32 AM5/5/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Firebird 3 do not have separate dll for it.
It is now same for embeded and regullar server. Simply download zip from the page.
You must do backup of the database on the current version and restore it on fb3 version

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

On 2021-05-05 09:34, P-Soft - Fabio Codebue wrote:
> We are migrating a database from mono-company to multi-company and so
> we need to drop PK and rebuild with company code into it
>
> When we try to alter table and drop constraint PK. we receive back
> this error
>
> unsuccessful metadata update ALTER TABLE aliquote_sub failed unknown
> ISC error 336068738
>
> I don't found this error description, some ideas?

Error 336068738 is "CONSTRAINT {0} does not exist.". So either your
primary key doesn't exist, or you're using the wrong constraint name. It
also means that you're using an outdated fbclient.dll and/or
firebird.msg file.

Mark