Any document available how to use am remote firebird DB in aws lambda python function?

Arjun Poyilil

Jun 20, 2024, 12:46:05 PMJun 20
to firebird-support
Hi,

Do we have any steps on how to use the Firebird driver in AWS lambda?
i am getting an error

The location of the Firebird Client Library could not be determined.

but the same Python code runs without any issue in my system in a normal Python envelopment

Screenshot 2024-06-20 194337.png

Error

Screenshot 2024-06-20 194529.png

Mark Rotteveel

Jun 20, 2024, 12:50:42 PMJun 20
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
On 20/06/2024 16:18, Arjun Poyilil wrote:
> Do we have any steps on how to use the Firebird driver in AWS lambda?
> i am getting an error
>
> The location of the Firebird Client Library could not be determined.
>
> but the same Python code runs without any issue in my system in a normal
> Python envelopment

I'd recommend posting your question to
https://groups.google.com/g/firebird-python instead of here.

That said, I'm not aware of such a document. However, this error is the
result of not having libfbclient.so on the system. Having the Python
Firebird driver is not sufficient, you also need to required native
library on the library path.

I'm not sure if you can deploy additional .so libraries on AWS Lambda,
but if you can, you need to use one targeting the correct platform (e.g.
ARM64, or maybe x64 (a.k.a. AMD64, or x86-64)).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Pavel Cisar

Jun 21, 2024, 6:47:55 AMJun 21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Dne 20. 06. 24 v 18:50 'Mark Rotteveel' via firebird-support napsal(a):
If you can't provide Firebird client libraries, then you can use the
Python driver that uses Firebird network protocol directly, see:

https://pypi.org/project/firebirdsql/

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix
www.ibphoenix.com
EmberWings - Quarterly Magazine about Firebird
https://www.ibphoenix.com/products/emberwings

Arjun Poyilil

Jun 22, 2024, 5:45:19 AMJun 22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
I used firebirdsql but I having challenges connecting to remote IP and port even from my system, i only have access to the remote server 3050 port does firebirdsq use any other method to connect to a remote server? But using other Python drivers fdb and firebird-driver i don't have that issue. only issue in lambda