trusted authentication stopped working - but only for one user

Nikolaus Kern

Jun 4, 2024, 2:26:29 PMJun 4
to firebird-support
Hello,

is there a way to monitor all incoming authentication requests including trusted authentication on a FB 2.5 server?

Thanks

Niko

Mathias Pannier (unitel)

Jun 5, 2024, 1:20:06 AMJun 5
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

try to login with this user on the windows machine (not firebird). Start Power Shell and input the following command:

[System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name

This will show You something like “DOMAIN\UserName”.

I believe it’s the same that firebird will “see”.

Regards

Mathias

Jun 6, 2024, 11:18:36 AMJun 6
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if it was with Firebird, or some other system, but I
vaguely remember some situation where a user had a lot of groups, and
that caused authentication to fail because the required space exceeded
the maximum supported size, but as I said, it might have been some other
system using similar authentication.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel