nbackup - urgent answer please

Andrew Zenz

Jan 12, 2021, 10:57:16 PM1/12/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Crap!

A client  was copying a database with nbackup.   So far so good.

The copy was aborted leaving a delta file.  Still good.

I FUBARed and used nbackup –F instead of nbackup –N on the live database.

How do I merge the delta file from this point?

I tried nbackup –N on the live db but got an error

                Unsuccessful metadata update

-          Database is not in physical backup mode.

Is it possible to do nbackup –L again or will that overwrite the delta?

Andrew Zenz

AIM_Email_Sig-Lite2-addr2

image001.png

Alexey Kovyazin

Jan 13, 2021, 2:19:07 AM1/13/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,

FirstAID can merge the delta in such a situation - see page 30

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin

Andrew Zenz

Jan 13, 2021, 2:21:16 AM1/13/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Alexy, I stumbled across that page in my desperate search.

Surely I’m not the only one who has done something as stupid as that?

Cheers,

Andrew

image001.png

Andrew Zenz

Jan 13, 2021, 2:22:49 AM1/13/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Was kind of hoping not to have to use a 3rd party ($) product, and that nbackup might have a hidden switch somewhere.

Cheers,

Andrew