Firebird 4 installation error: missing dll

Martijn Tonies (Upscene Productions)

Jun 16, 2021, 4:10:41 AMJun 16
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

During the Firebird 4 win32 installation on Windows 7, I got the following error

stage ‘updating registry’

---------------------------
instreg.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
---------------------------
OK

When I click OK, the error pops up again, and again, and again, and again...

The installer doesn’t detect the missing runtime before hand and I’m left with a non-running version of Firebird.

(side note, the ‘after install’ page still lists Yahoogroups for support)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
https://www.upscene.com

Database Workbench - developer tool for Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL,
SQL Anywhere, MySQL, InterBase, NexusDB and Firebird.