xnet://global\firebird on embedded

Midsoft UK

Mar 24, 2021, 7:00:11 AM3/24/21
to firebird-support
Hi
Since changing to FireDAC from IBDAC, when using embedded on FB3 we get the following -

Unable to complete network request to host "xnet://Global\FIREBIRD".

The application exe is in program files x86 as well as the DLL's in the correct folder structure.
It works fine with apps using IBDAC from Devart only but just not FireDac from 10.3
Plugins/engine12.dll exists too.

Data is in c:\programdata\

Server is blank as there is no server as it's embedded.

Is there anything else needed?
Thanks
Andy

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Mar 24, 2021, 7:05:58 AM3/24/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
24.03.2021 12:00, Midsoft UK wrote:
> Is there anything else needed?

Turn off "embedded" setting in FireDAC.

--
WBR, SD.

Midsoft UK

Mar 24, 2021, 1:58:23 PM3/24/21
to firebird-support
I couldn't find that setting, however we need embedded on in some cases. I just hadn't got the ICU file in the application folder.

Karol Bieniaszewski

Mar 24, 2021, 2:55:07 PM3/24/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Hi