downgrading a database

Mikel Pérez

May 7, 2021, 3:40:20 AM5/7/21
to firebird-support
TL;DR: how do I dump to .sql and reimport?

very unfortunately, the software used at my father's business for accounting (ASPEL SAE, super problematic sw) is stuck at firebird 2.5.
as I installed a new server and reconfigured the network, I decided to move the databases to this main server, where I installed firebird 3. everything worked fine at first... but problems started piling up and now it's unusable and I am in a situation where to get support from ASPEL I need the db to be in 2.5.

I've looked around the net, tried https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58920660/after-downgrading-database-fb3-to-fb2-5-no-permission-for-read-select-access-t but I can't even get 2.5 gbak to back up the database as it says gbak: ERROR:unsupported on-disk structure for file C:\DAC\A\SAE70EMPRE01; found 12.1, support 11.2
nbackup says likewise.

now, it is completely a no - go to just move on as it is accounting and taxes stuff. I need to find a way to dump the 3.0 database and reimport it on 2.5. something like .sql dumps. what's the procedure to do this with firebird? pretty please I'm on a death rope here 🙏 :(

Dimitry Sibiryakov

May 7, 2021, 5:42:12 AM5/7/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
07.05.2021 09:36, Mikel Pérez wrote:
> what's the procedure to do this with firebird?

FBCopy, IBDataPump.

--
WBR, SD.

Kevin Stanton

May 7, 2021, 8:47:15 AM5/7/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
IB Expert is awesome. That’s how I migrated from FB1.5 to 3.

It not only creates a sql file for each table, it creates a script to run all the files as well.
You can create a meta-data script as well as the data.

Kevin

Sent via iPhone

> On May 7, 2021, at 2:42 AM, Dimitry Sibiryakov <s...@ibphoenix.com> wrote:

Mikel Pérez

May 31, 2021, 4:28:45 PM5/31/21
to firebird-support
thanks to all! I ended up using FBCopy.
the steps I used were creating first the database on the target machine with Firebird 2.5,
getting definition differences between the source database and the new database with fbcopy A,
running the output from fbcopy A in isql on the target machine,
and then running fbcopy S on the source machine

be blessed, oh great persons