help !

JOSE RUIZ

Nov 25, 2021, 2:49:45 AM11/25/21
to firebird-support
HI, I have an application that uses 32-bit firebird as a database and I need to connect it to 64-bit office, do you know how I can do it? I can only achieve the connection in office 32 bits
thank you

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 25, 2021, 2:54:22 AM11/25/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
As long as you connect through the server (i.e. using a host name, and
not trying to use Embedded mode), the fact your Firebird server is
32-bit and your office application is 64-bit is not important. The
important thing is that you need 1) the 64-bit Firebird client library
(fbclient.dll), 2) the 64-bit ODBC driver.

You can install the 64-bit Firebird client library using the 64-bit
Firebird server installer, and the 64-bit ODBC driver using the 64-bit
ODBC driver installer.

Mark