FireDac delphi FQQuery slow .Post first time

Midsoft UK

Mar 26, 2021, 5:04:56 AM3/26/21
to firebird-support
Hi

Using FireDac in delphi 10.3 we have noticed that even on very small tables (in my test 5 records, 3 fields, no indexes or generators.),  For simplicity on some small FQQuery tables we just use .Edit and .Post

The first time .Post is issues it takes about 8 seconds to complete, but every time after that it's milliseconds.

There are a load of options relating to updates. I'm working through them to see what changes but can anyone thing what the issue might be ?
Thanks
Andy

Jason (PN)

Mar 26, 2021, 6:05:17 AM3/26/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

That’s definitely weird.  This is in a dev environment, not live?

Happy to look at a mini delphi project + DB if you want me to.

I haven’t really used FB vs FireDAC much, but an update should really be, at worst a new TX, and update where all for all fields and a re-read of the row.  At best, same TX as the reader, update based on id = :pk, only fields that changed, no reread.  Also, is this running in the IDE or in non-debugger mode under Delphi.  I am interested in this as I have a largeish FibPlus system to migrate to 10.4

I quickly reach for wireShark of IBExperts traffic sniffer to see what is actually going on.  They can show you all interactions with the server to actually see what is going on.

I would be asking on one of the EMBT forums (https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/21-databases/).

Jason Chapman

JAC2 Consultancy Limited

Mob: 07966211959

Organiser of ukDevGroup for Delphi / C# / C++ buider / Interbase / Firebird ……. www.ukdevgroup.co.uk

Midsoft UK

Mar 26, 2021, 9:40:01 AM3/26/21
to firebird-support
Doing more tests at the moment.  I just noticed you dev group. I'll be signing up !

Midsoft UK

May 22, 2021, 5:36:08 AM5/22/21
to firebird-support
It was the query AutofetchAll was Fetchall so after the first post it was teching all the records. Changed to Truncate and solved it, but not sure what truncate does.
Andy