Trace and read data in packets

Karol Bieniaszewski

Dec 9, 2020, 8:01:16 AM12/9/20
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Is there a way to see info about packet read in trace?

I mean e.g.:

Table have 10000 records.

I do SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE

But i do not read all records at start (do not feth all) but i read data in packets e.g. 300 records at one time.

Such statement is shown in MON$STATEMENTS as „Stalled”.

But i do not see any info in trace about this fetches.

I see only PREPARE_STATEMENT, EXECUTE_STATEMENT_START, EXECUTE_STATEMENT_FINISH, FREE_STATEMENT

But i need to calculate how long query was executed.

And between next 300 record fetches can be e.g. 5 minute break.

Is there a way to handle this information somehow?

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Karol Bieniaszewski

Dec 11, 2020, 1:25:06 PM12/11/20
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Anyone?

Is this possible or should i create ticket in the tracker?

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Mark Rotteveel

Dec 13, 2020, 8:21:59 AM12/13/20
On 11-12-2020 19:25, Karol Bieniaszewski wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> Is this possible or should i create ticket in the tracker?

I'm not that familiar with trace, but as far as I can tell, fetches
aren't traced like that.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel