Firebird 3.0.7 To Disconnect all Clients Except the Me Connection

Paulo Geloramo

Apr 24, 2021, 7:44:59 PM4/24/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
=======
Firebird 2.5.9
https://firebirdsql.org/rlsnotesh/rnfb25-mon.html
To disconnect all clients except the “Me” connection:

DELETE
FROM MON$ATTACHMENTS
WHERE MON$ATTACHMENT_ID <> CURRENT_CONNECTION
AND MON$TIMESTAMP <= DATEADD(MINUTE, -10, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
=======

Firebird 3.0.7 does not work.
What has changed?

--
Paulo Esteves

Mark Rotteveel

Apr 25, 2021, 4:27:17 AM4/25/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Are you connected as SYSDBA or RDB$ADMIN? If you are, then this sounds
like a bug. Report it on http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE

You could also use gfix -shutdown single -attach or gfix -shutdown multi
-attach, see
https://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/firebirddocs/gfix/firebird-gfix.html#gfix-dbstartstop

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Mark Rotteveel

Apr 25, 2021, 4:30:25 AM4/25/21
On 25-04-2021 10:27, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> Are you connected as SYSDBA or RDB$ADMIN? If you are, then this sounds
> like a bug. Report it on http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE

Reporting a bug isn't possible right now, as the database is currently
read only because we're migrating to GitHub issues.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Karol Bieniaszewski

Apr 25, 2021, 5:11:27 AM4/25/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Wow.

Do you have some comparision, which functionality will be lost?

I see e.g. sorting issue (only by some dates), i do not see watches list, votes list.

Searching is also limited.

Lost of personalized first page

And more..

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-support/1b15fa4c-fc03-98dc-eb68-609800eee323%40lawinegevaar.nl.

Mark Rotteveel

Apr 25, 2021, 5:26:45 AM4/25/21
On 25-04-2021 11:11, Karol Bieniaszewski wrote:
> Do you have some comparision, which functionality will be lost?
>
> I see e.g. sorting issue (only by some dates), i do not see watches
> list, votes list.
>
> Searching is also limited.
>
> Lost of personalized first page
>
> And more..

Most of that is on https://github.com/notifications, searching on GitHub
has a lot of features:
https://docs.github.com/en/github/searching-for-information-on-github/searching-issues-and-pull-requests

Issues will be handled per repository, so you don't lose the "All
repositories" view, that will be https://github.com/FirebirdSQL

As to votes list, that is a matter of convention using a thumbs-up
reaction, then in the issues list you can sort on "most reactions"
selecting the 👍.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Karol Bieniaszewski

Apr 26, 2021, 2:13:06 AM4/26/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Mark for brief description.

PS> search i counterintuitive 😉 You must know name of tags to search …

Normal design is to provide simple text edit control for full text search.

But if you need to search detailed, you go to form where you have all fields separately, and you do not need to know the name of it.

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski