pathes for 'fbclient.log ' created by fbclient.dll

Roland Hofmann

Feb 11, 2021, 6:30:47 AM2/11/21
to firebird-support
Good morning,

I provide a application with fbclient.dll file in the root folder of the executable. I noticed on a system, that the created firebird.log file was placed on the folder level above of the executeable.

The question that comes to my mind is, what could have an influance for the path selection of the log file placement.
Usualy i found the log in the same folder as the executable.

Thanks in advance!

Mark Rotteveel

Feb 11, 2021, 11:00:59 AM2/11/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Upgrade your fbclient.dll to Firebird 3, and it should log in the same
directory. The reason it stores the log file one directory higher
derives from how the file layout is in Firebird 2.5 and earlier (it has
a \bin directory for executables and DLLs).

The only other option I'm aware of, is building a custom version of
fbclient.dll.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Roland Hofmann

Feb 12, 2021, 2:33:45 AM2/12/21
to firebird-support
Mark,

thx for your quick answer. It is reproduceable and your explenantion is greate.

Many Thanks