modify firebird from excel?

JOSE RUIZ

Aug 1, 2022, 10:10:56 PMAug 1
to firebird-support
hello, can i read data in excel from firebird with odbc, can i write to firebird from excel?

thank you

liviuslivius

Aug 2, 2022, 2:05:57 AMAug 2
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This is not releated to Firebird or any other db. Simply look on the google search "using Odbc i excel" especially youtube videos and you got it how to work with Firebird from excel too.

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

Aug 2, 2022, 8:59:47 AMAug 2
to firebird...@googlegroups.com, liviuslivius
I tried this a few years ago and it worked.
Note that It was FB 2.5 and Excel 97 (Office 2010) with ODBC from windows
and excel external data source thing

Don't know how well, because I didn't end up really using it for anything,
but I do remember getting data into the sheet.

I seem to remember having to tinker with/install ODBC 32/64 versions
(FB was 64, excel was still 32 bit version etc ?)

So, probably, maybe, but make sure it is really worth the effort!