UpScene Database Workshop

Dalton Calford

May 21, 2023, 3:10:11 PM5/21/23
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am evaluating Upscene Database Workshop and encountered a few crashes.  I emailed them and have not received any response.

Does anyone know if they are still in business/active?  If they are not, they should be removed from the third party tools page.

best regards

Dalton

Steve Naidamast

May 21, 2023, 4:46:38 PM5/21/23
to firebird-support
One indication of a site's continued operation is to look at the copyright on most home pages at the bottom.

The copyright for Upscene goes up to 2022.  This then does not indicate that the company has gone out but is not definitive proof.

Another area to review is the forums, but Upscene does not appear to have one so you cannot see the activity.

And finally, you can check the date of their last release.  For the Upscene Workshop it is 2023-04-24.

As a result, it is not likely that the company has gone out since that time.

The company is based in The Netherlands so it may be that they are still reviewing your email.

Steve Naidamast
Sr. Software Engineer

Norman Dunbar

May 22, 2023, 2:02:46 AM5/22/23
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
I believe there was a bank holiday in the Netherlands at the end of last week. They return to work today, Monday.

Cheers,
Norm.

i...@kaabnl.nl

May 22, 2023, 2:26:45 AM5/22/23
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

True. Thursday and Friday were bank holidays.

For sure Upscene is alive, Martijn is also contributing actively to this group.

Highly recommended product (i use database workbench for over 15 years now). Could not live without it.

M.

Martijn Tonies (Upscene Productions)

May 22, 2023, 2:44:53 AM5/22/23
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dalton,

We enjoyed a long weekend and even after that, I can assure you we’re very much alive.

I’ll handle your e-mail today.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
https://www.upscene.com

Database Workbench - developer tool for Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, InterBase, NexusDB and Firebird.