FirebirdSQL with Metabase

Dalton Calford

Jun 19, 2024, 1:57:47 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Does anyone here use Metabase with FirebirdSQL?

The FireBird/Metabase Driver is written in Java and is open source on GitHub
(https://github.com/evosec/metabase-firebird-driver)

Sadly the current maintainer has stopped supporting it and I was wondering what current users are looking to do going forward.

I don't know Java, otherwise I would consider it.

best regards

Dalton

Mark Rotteveel

Jun 20, 2024, 3:55:28 AM (10 days ago) Jun 20
On 19/06/2024 19:57, Dalton Calford wrote:
> Does anyone here use Metabase with FirebirdSQL?
>
> The FireBird/Metabase Driver is written in Java and is open source on
> GitHub
> (https://github.com/evosec/metabase-firebird-driver
> <https://github.com/evosec/metabase-firebird-driver>)
>
> Sadly the current maintainer has stopped supporting it and I was
> wondering what current users are looking to do going forward.
>
> I don't know Java, otherwise I would consider it.

The driver is not written in Java, it is written in Clojure, which
although it runs on the Java Virtual Machine, is not Java.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Dalton Calford

Jun 20, 2024, 10:08:49 AM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
The driver is not written in Java, it is written in Clojure, which
although it runs on the Java Virtual Machine, is not Java.

Mark

Interesting, never heard of clojure before.   I will look to see how difficult it is to learn.

If anyone has any guidance as to where I can begin, good reference material etc., I would appreciate it.