Firebird ODBC on Accurate 5 Deluxe

Herdy Cen

Nov 20, 2022, 9:21:27 AM11/20/22
to firebird-support
Hello, I am trying to connect to Accurate DB Firebird through ODBC, and I just could not seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 20, 2022, 9:24:02 AM11/20/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
On 20-11-2022 13:53, Herdy Cen wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to connect to Accurate DB Firebird through ODBC, and
> I just could not seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you read the documentation (see
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fbodbc20/firebird-odbc-driver-20-manual.html)?

You don't give us a lot to go on. What have you tried? What errors do
you get?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Nov 20, 2022, 9:25:40 AM11/20/22
Herdy Cen wrote 20.11.2022 13:53:
> I am trying to connect to Accurate DB Firebird through ODBC, and I just could
> not seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Google said nothing about "Accurate DB Firebird". Why don't you ask its
support of manufacturer or whatever they are?

--
WBR, SD.

Herdy Cen

Nov 21, 2022, 2:21:26 AM11/21/22
to firebird-support
I am new to this and basically want to connect to Firebird through ODBC as shown in the manual Figure 6. Setting up parameters for the DSN  (https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fbodbc20/firebird-odbc-driver-20-manual.html). I am using .gdb file and have no idea how to test the connection since I don't know the Client location.

The scenario:

  1. I installed Accurate 5 Deluxe and it automatically installs Firebird along with it.
  2. Opened .gdb file in Accurate 5 Deluxe and it works.
  3. Now I am trying to connect to the installed Firebird itself through ODBC and could not locate the Client file address.
*Accurate is an Accounting software.

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Nov 21, 2022, 9:18:39 AM11/21/22
Herdy Cen wrote 21.11.2022 8:21:
> I am using .gdb file and have no idea how to test the connection since I don't
> know the Client location.

Windows File Search - fbclient.dll. If several was found - choose one with
right bitness and closest to the Accurate.

--
WBR, SD.

Herdy Cen

Nov 22, 2022, 2:34:55 AM11/22/22
to firebird-support

What should I do if I could not find one? Should I try to reinstall Firebird?

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Nov 22, 2022, 5:39:54 AM11/22/22
Herdy Cen wrote 22.11.2022 8:34:
> What should I do if I could not find one?

Search better. The Accurate as any other application cannot work with
Firebird without client. Even Firebird itself starting from version 3 cannot.
I once again recommend to ask the Accurate's support.

--
WBR, SD.