table with more trigger and exception in the middle

Luigi Siciliano

Feb 10, 2021, 10:15:26 AM2/10/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  I have a table with 3 trigger After Insert or Update at position 0, 1, 2.
I thing they fires in separate transactions, is right?
If the trigger at position 1 fails caused by exception then trigger in
position 2 fires or not?
If not, handling exception is the right method to firing the trigger at
position 2?
Thanks

--
Luigi Siciliano

Mark Rotteveel

Feb 10, 2021, 10:18:35 AM2/10/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Triggers work in the same transaction as the statement that fired the
trigger. However, if a trigger fails, subsequent triggers will not be
run, and the effects of the statement will be undone.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel