[FireDAC][Phys][FB]Install incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version

Rones Júnior

Nov 25, 2022, 1:44:00 PM11/25/22
to firebird-support
i have a big problem. I have an application in Delphi that uses Firebird 3.0 64 bits as a local database. This application has already been installed on several computers, but today I installed it on a certain computer and the message below appears. I don't know what to do, because I didn't do anything different from what I've done on other computers. Could you help me please?

Application Error
[FireDAC][Phys][FB]Install incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version

best regards.

Rones.

Karol Bieniaszewski

Nov 25, 2022, 1:52:55 PM11/25/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

As in message read Compatibility statement and create a user.

Why on other computer it is working, i do not know the application.

Maybe on such computers was some previous Firebird installations or different version, but this was only a guess

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Rones Júnior

Nov 25, 2022, 2:07:17 PM11/25/22
to firebird-support
Karol,

the system already has a default Firebird user and password i.e. sysdba and masterkey
I never changed anything and the system runs on several computers, but on this specific computer I'm facing this problem.
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Firebird several times and the error message always appears. Please I need help.

best regards

Rones.

Karol Bieniaszewski

Nov 25, 2022, 4:29:31 PM11/25/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Simply create new user or copy security3.fdb from working computer if you can have same accounts with same passwords.

Rones Júnior

Nov 25, 2022, 5:38:10 PM11/25/22
to firebird-support
How am I going to do this, that is, create a new user and password? The Firebird database and my system already have the default user SYSDBA and password masterkey.
Please explain to me how to do this.

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 26, 2022, 2:32:49 AM11/26/22
On 25-11-2022 23:38, Rones Júnior wrote:
> How am I going to do this, that is, create a new user and password? The
> Firebird database and my system already have the default user SYSDBA and
> password masterkey.
> Please explain to me how to do this.

See the "Compatibility Issues" chapter from the Firebird 3.0 Release
Notes, specifically the section "Initializing the Security Database".

Specifically:
"""
The SQL user management commands will work with any open database.
Because the sample database employee.fdb is present in your installation
and already aliased in databases.conf, it is convenient to use it for
the user management task.

1. Stop the Firebird server. Firebird 3 caches connections to the
security database aggressively. The presence of server connections may
prevent isql from establishing an embedded connection.

2. In a suitable shell, start an isql interactive session, opening the
employee database via its alias:

isql -user sysdba employee

Create the SYSDBA user:

SQL> create user SYSDBA password 'SomethingCryptic';
SQL> commit;
SQL> quit;
"""

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 26, 2022, 2:34:09 AM11/26/22
On 26-11-2022 08:32, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> On 25-11-2022 23:38, Rones Júnior wrote:
>> How am I going to do this, that is, create a new user and password?
>> The Firebird database and my system already have the default user
>> SYSDBA and password masterkey.
>> Please explain to me how to do this.
>
> See the "Compatibility Issues" chapter from the Firebird 3.0 Release
> Notes, specifically the section "Initializing the Security Database".
[..]
> 2. In a suitable shell, start an isql interactive session, opening the
> employee database via its alias:
>
>     isql -user sysdba employee
>
>     Create the SYSDBA user:
>
>     SQL> create user SYSDBA password 'SomethingCryptic';
>     SQL> commit;
>     SQL> quit;
> """

Note that if you have enabled Legacy Authentication, you may need to use
the statement

create user SYSDBA password 'SomethingCryptic' using plugin srp;

(and obviously, replace SomethingCryptic with the desired password).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

AlexPeshkoff

Nov 26, 2022, 4:00:51 AM11/26/22
to firebird-support
Looks like your application is using embedded access to firebird database on all computers except last one. On it for some reason it has no OPERATING SYSTEM rights to access that database embedded, therefore tries to use XNETwhich requires login/password check. You should add the user in firebird or fix access rights in windows.

пятница, 25 ноября 2022 г. в 21:44:00 UTC+3, ronesfa...@gmail.com:

Rones Júnior

Nov 26, 2022, 6:06:09 AM11/26/22
to firebird-support
see in the attachment the error message that appears right after clicking on the icon to open the system...
This message only appears on this computer. I install the same system on another computer and it works normally, that is, the system opens, accesses the database. what could it be? Only on this specific computer (DELL and it's a new computer, windows 10...) this happens.

segue abaixo as configurações da conexão:

================================
Connection definition parameters
================================
User_Name=sysdba
Password=*****
CharacterSet=WIN1252
Database=C:\IEI\BD\BANCOIEI.FDB
DriverID=FB
================================
FireDAC info
================================
Tool = RAD Studio 10.3
FireDAC = 17.0.0 (Build 93731)
Platform = Windows 32 bit
Defines = FireDAC_NOLOCALE_META;FireDAC_MONITOR
================================
Client info
================================
Brand = Firebird
Client version = 300099900
Client DLL name = C:\IEI\lib\fbclient.dll
================================
Session info
================================
Current catalog =
Current schema =
Server version = WI-V3.0.10.33601 Firebird 3.0
WI-V3.0.10.33601 Firebird 3.0/XNet (DESKTOP-MRU570N)/P14
WI-V3.0.9.33560 Firebird 3.0/XNet (DESKTOP-MRU570N)/P14

erro firebird.png

Ertan Küçükoglu

Nov 26, 2022, 7:07:59 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I believe this is not a Firebird error but a FireDAC error. Did you actually read the mentioned section in the error message?

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 26, 2022, 7:09:19 AM11/26/22
On 26-11-2022 13:07, Ertan Küçükoglu wrote:
> I believe this is not a Firebird error but a FireDAC error. Did you
> actually read the mentioned section in the error message?

The error this thread is about, "Install incomplete, please read the
Compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version", is
definitely an error from the Firebird server, not FireDAC.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 26, 2022, 7:11:51 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
You're connecting with XNET, which means user names and password are
checked. You should verify the session info of client that do work fine
to see how they are connecting. Possibly the other systems are
connecting using Embedded, which means there is no authentication.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Ertan Küçükoglu

Nov 26, 2022, 7:12:58 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
First time ever I see this error.
Sorry for misdirection.

Karol Bieniaszewski

Nov 26, 2022, 7:37:37 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

> WI-V3.0.10.33601 Firebird 3.0/XNet (DESKTOP-MRU570N)/P14

> WI-V3.0.9.33560 Firebird 3.0/XNet (DESKTOP-MRU570N)/P14

Do  you have 2 servers installed, or two client libraries in different versions?

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 26, 2022, 7:56:40 AM11/26/22
On 26-11-2022 13:37, Karol Bieniaszewski wrote:
> > WI-V3.0.10.33601 Firebird 3.0/XNet (DESKTOP-MRU570N)/P14
>
> > WI-V3.0.9.33560 Firebird 3.0/XNet (DESKTOP-MRU570N)/P14
>
> Do  you have 2 servers installed, or two client libraries in different
> versions?

The top one is the server version, the second one is the version of the
client library. The Firebird version information reported by the
isc_info_firebird_version request item is not a single version, but a
list of versions which also reports version of the intermediate hops,
which includes the fbclient.dll/libfbclient.so version.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Nov 26, 2022, 7:58:51 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
But this call requires an actually established connection that somehow
contradict with the error...

--
WBR, SD.

Rones Júnior

Nov 26, 2022, 8:05:33 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
I intend to have only one server and one library installed...

Rones Júnior

Nov 26, 2022, 8:19:56 AM11/26/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded "Firebird-3.0.10.33601_0_x64.exe" from "https://firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-3-0/". I installed Firebird as shown in the two attached files. obs: I defined the password "masterkey". This Firebird installation operation was done both on the system's development computer and then on all my clients' machines. However, in only one machine of one of the clients did the error mentioned in this post occur.

Could you help me please?
firebird 1.png
firebird 2.png

Rones Júnior

Nov 27, 2022, 7:27:48 AM11/27/22
to firebird-support
Guys, please help me to solve this problem. I use Delphi 10.3 to develop the Firebird 3.0 local host database and system.

Karol Bieniaszewski

Nov 27, 2022, 8:28:36 AM11/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

What is your connection string?

As you have installed full server, you should use IP e.g. 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

What about your firebird.conf, you have scpecified during installation legacy user suport.

So probably you have created legacy user but probably you use SRP user…

Regards,

Karol Bieniaszewski

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 27, 2022, 8:53:44 AM11/27/22
On 27-11-2022 13:27, Rones Júnior wrote:
> Guys, please help me to solve this problem. I use Delphi 10.3 to develop
> the Firebird 3.0 local host database and system.

We already told you what to do:

1. Stop your Firebird server
2. Use: isql -user sysdba employee
3. Execute: create user sysdba password 'yourpassword' using plugin srp;
4. exit;
5. Start your Firebird server

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 27, 2022, 12:02:05 PM11/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
yes, I checked in the installation of Firebird legacy SYSDBA user and password. Sorry, I'm not a Firebird expert... What would be user SRP?

Rones Júnior

Nov 27, 2022, 12:09:36 PM11/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
I didn't find the srp plugin... where can I find it?

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 27, 2022, 12:18:19 PM11/27/22
On 27-11-2022 18:09, Rones Júnior wrote:
> I didn't find the srp plugin... where can I find it?

It is included in Firebird itself. If you get an error that the user
manager srp is not available, then the setting UserManager in
firebird.conf does not contain Srp.

Edit you firebird.conf and make sure that the UserManager setting is

UserManager = Srp,Legacy_UserManager

or

UserManager = Legacy_UserManager,Srp

or

UserManager = Srp

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 27, 2022, 12:28:25 PM11/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'm still a learner in Firebird. I would really like you to explain to me what I am doing wrong... Attached is the firebird.conf file for your analysis. In Delphi the Firebird connection component is set SYSDBA and password equally with the Firebird server.

Em dom., 27 de nov. de 2022 às 10:28, Karol Bieniaszewski <livius...@poczta.onet.pl> escreveu:
firebird.conf

Rones Júnior

Nov 27, 2022, 12:31:39 PM11/27/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
the firebird.conf file is configured:

UserManager = Legacy_UserManager, Srp

Attached is firebird.conf

Does it still have something to do?

firebird.conf

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 28, 2022, 8:08:57 AM11/28/22
On 27-11-2022 18:31, Rones Júnior wrote:
> the firebird.conf file is configured:
>
> UserManager = Legacy_UserManager, Srp
>
> Attached is firebird.conf
>
> Does it still have something to do?

If you haven't already done so:

1. Stop your Firebird server
2. From the command prompt in the Firebird install directory:

isql -user sysdba employee

3. Execute:
create user sysdba password 'yourpassword' using plugin srp;

(to be clear, this is a DDL statement, the "using plugin srp" is part of
that statement)

4. Execute:

Rones Júnior

Nov 28, 2022, 9:31:45 AM11/28/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
ok, i am doing... tks

For my better understanding, what will be happening when I enter this sequence of commands in the Firebird prompt?
Another thing, is the password I should type in the prompt the same one I entered when I installed Firebird on the computer?

Rones.

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Nov 28, 2022, 9:34:52 AM11/28/22
Rones Júnior wrote 28.11.2022 15:31:
> For my better understanding, what will be happening when I enter this sequence
> of commands in the Firebird prompt?

The commands will be executed and do exactly what they are supposed to do:
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fblangref30/firebird-30-language-reference.html

> Another thing, is the password I should type in the prompt the same one I
> entered when I installed Firebird on the computer?

New user - new password. Isn't it simple?..

--
WBR, SD.

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 28, 2022, 10:25:33 AM11/28/22
On 28-11-2022 15:31, Rones Júnior wrote:
> ok, i am doing... tks
>
> For my better understanding, what will be happening when I enter this
> sequence of commands in the Firebird prompt?
> Another thing, is the password I should type in the prompt the same one
> I entered when I installed Firebird on the computer?

It will create a SYSDBA user under the Srp user manager, using the
password you specified (you currently only have a SYSDBA under the
Legacy_UserManager, with the password specified during installation). In
the process of doing so, Firebird will initialize the security database
for Srp, which will solve the error that started this thread. You can
use the same password you used when installing, or a different one. I'd
suggest using the same one to avoid confusion.

That said, if you're new to Firebird, it is unclear to me why you even
enabled Legacy Authentication in the first place. If you have no good
reason to enable Legacy Authentication, you shouldn't enable it.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 29, 2022, 4:38:48 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi mark!
cool, I will try this solution on my client's computer, that is, I will install Firebird without the legacy authentication and leave the SYSDBA password fields blank (it should assume the default password: masterkey). Then I will insert the codes mentioned by you in isql. I should do this next week as my client is on vacation...
One question: in the line of code below (item 3), do I need to quote the password in quotes?

1. Stop your Firebird server
2. From the command prompt in the Firebird install directory:
isql -user sysdba employee
3. Execute: create user sysdba password 'yourpassword' using plugin srp;
(to be clear, this is a DDL statement, the "using plugin srp" is part of
that statement)
4. Execute: exit;
5. Start your Firebird server

Rones.

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 29, 2022, 4:41:45 AM11/29/22
On 29-11-2022 10:38, Rones Júnior wrote:
> One question: in the line of code below (item 3), do I need to quote the
> password in quotes?

Yes, because it is a string literal, and string literals need to be
enclosed in quotes. See also the Firebird 3.0 Language Reference on
CREATE USER:
https://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fblangref30/firebird-30-language-reference.html#fblangref30-security-user-create

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 29, 2022, 4:51:41 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Mark,
Could you check if I'm doing it correctly, as shown in the attachment?
obs: I performed all the 5 steps mentioned by you.
1. Stop your Firebird server (control panel, administrative tools, service)

2. From the command prompt in the Firebird install directory:
isql -user sysdba employee

3. Execute:
create user sysdba password 'yourpassword' using plugin srp;

(to be clear, this is a DLL statement, the "using plugin srp" is part of

that statement)

4. Execute:
exit;

5. Start your Firebird server

Rones.

prompt.png

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 29, 2022, 5:14:35 AM11/29/22
On 29-11-2022 10:51, Rones Júnior wrote:
> Mark,
> Could you check if I'm doing it correctly, as shown in the attachment?
> obs: I performed all the 5 steps mentioned by you.
> 1. Stop your Firebird server (control panel, administrative tools, service)
>
> 2. From the command prompt in the Firebird install directory:
> isql -user sysdba employee

You didn't run:
isql -user sysdba employee

Instead you did:

isql

and inside isql you ran:

user sysdba employee

Which is not valid.

If you want to connect from within ISQL, you need to use

connect 'employee' user sysdba;

For more information, refer to the ISQL documentation
https://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/firebirddocs/isql/firebird-isql.html
--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 29, 2022, 5:23:50 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Mark,
thanks.
I'm actually connected from within SQL, because I found it easier...
I did what you said, but in step 3 the error message appeared as shown in the attached image.
Did I do something wrong?
Rones.

prompt.png

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 29, 2022, 5:29:30 AM11/29/22
On 29-11-2022 11:23, Rones Júnior wrote:
> Mark,
> thanks.
> I'm actually connected from within SQL, because I found it easier...
> I did what you said, but in step 3 the error message appeared as shown
> in the attached image.
> Did I do something wrong?

You already have a SYSDBA in SRP, which means SRP is already
initialized, and you shouldn't get the error that started this thread
anymore. If you do still get the error, then there is another Firebird
server running on this machine.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 29, 2022, 5:45:39 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Mark,
sorry, but it looks like something is wrong.
Attached is a file where I describe step by step how I installed Firebird on my client's machine. (please check if it's correct)
After installing Firebir, I tried to run the 5 steps in the isql prompt it told me and the error below appeared:
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 23000
add record error
-violation of PRIMARY or UNIQUE KEY constraint "INTEG_5" on table "PLG$SRP"
-Problematic key value is ("PLG$USER_NAME" = 'SYSDBA')

Rones.

install firebird.docx

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 29, 2022, 5:48:07 AM11/29/22
On 29-11-2022 11:45, Rones Júnior wrote:
> Mark,
> sorry, but it looks like something is wrong.
> Attached is a file where I describe step by step how I installed
> Firebird on my client's machine. (please check if it's correct)
> After installing Firebir, I tried to run the 5 steps in the isql prompt
> it told me and the error below appeared:
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 23000
> add record error
> -violation of PRIMARY or UNIQUE KEY constraint "INTEG_5" on table "PLG$SRP"
> -Problematic key value is ("PLG$USER_NAME" = 'SYSDBA')

The error means that there you already have a SYSDBA in SRP, which means
SRP is already initialized, and you shouldn't get the error that started
this thread anymore (that is the error: "Install incomplete, please read
the Compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version").

If you do still get *that* error, then there is another Firebird server
running on this machine.

In other words, the original reason to execute those steps no longer
apply on this machine.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Rones Júnior

Nov 29, 2022, 5:54:20 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Mark,
sorry for the insistence.
So what do you think I should do in this case, ie this machine?
How can I identify if there is another Firebird server on this machine?
If there is another Firebird server, would my Delphi system open normally?

Rones.

Ertan Küçükoglu

Nov 29, 2022, 6:25:23 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would check services to see if there is more than one instance running. I have three versions (2.5.9, 3.0.8, 4.0.2) running on my system.

image.png

Rones Júnior

Nov 29, 2022, 7:21:55 AM11/29/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
no other Firebird server was found on the client machine... unfortunately.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "firebird-support" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-support/CAH2i4yew5DW-An_q7dncxVUp%2BakNfa3JFbwNp4V2yDT1TcXESg%40mail.gmail.com.

gkvi...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2022, 4:22:18 AM12/3/22
to firebird-support
I have also had this problem several times.

My solution was to start the FB Installer program not by double-clicking but by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator". Uninstall the FB server first, also delete the corresponding directory, then start the installer with "Run as administrator".

I noticed this specifically only on PCs that are managed by an IT department. Although both methods should give admin rights to the FB installer program, it somehow makes a difference. And I still haven't figured it out and understood why that is.

It helped me, maybe you too.

Rones Júnior

Dec 7, 2022, 2:51:16 PM12/7/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Finally I managed to correct this error... Thanks to everyone who helped me, the tips were fundamental for me. I hope this support continues....

tks

Rones from Brasil.