Select through Oracle Heterogeneous Services to firebird 2.5 fails with ORA-28511

Mario Gonzalez

May 13, 2021, 6:25:34 AM5/13/21
to firebird-support
Hi,
We are trying to access a Firebird 2.5 database located in Windows from an Oracle 12.2.0.1 64 bits through Heterogenous Services (dg4odbc)
We installed ODBC Driver Manager unixodbc from www.unixodbc.org
We installed the newest Firebird ODBC Driver for 64 bits from http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/odbc-driver/ , version 2.0.5 (OdbcFb-LIB-2.0.5.156.amd64.gz)
The connection from isql functions ok
However from Oracle, the following error appears:
SQL> select * from logcall @ firebird;
select * from logcall @ firebird
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent using
SID=ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent using
SID=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=nombre_server)(PORT=1550))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=firebird)))
ORA-02063: preceding line from FIREBIRD
Process ID: 23573
Session ID: 1 Serial number: 62624

The stack trace from Oracle process fails in call to function:_ZN15OdbcJdbcLibrary11OdbcConvert21conVarStringToStringEPNS_10DescRecordES2_()

Where could be the problem ?
Another detail that came to my attention is that inside libOdbcFb.so the version of the library seems to be 2.0.0156 instead of 2.0.5.156, is that correct ?
$ strings libOdbcFb.so | grep 156
02.00.0156
02.00.0156

Thanks
Regards,
Mario.

Mario Gonzalez

May 17, 2021, 10:08:16 PM5/17/21
to firebird-support
Hi,
I opened a case at Oracle and they said that the odbc driver must have compliance level to ODBC standard 3.0.
Could you tell me if the odbc driver version 2.0.5 meet that requirement ?
And if not, is there any newer version of the driver ?
Thanks
Regards,
Mario.

Dimitry Sibiryakov

May 18, 2021, 5:33:24 AM5/18/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
18.05.2021 01:08, Mario Gonzalez wrote:
> I opened a case at Oracle and they said that the odbc driver must have compliance level to
> ODBC standard 3.0.
> Could you tell me if the odbc driver version 2.0.5 meet that requirement ?

Yes, it does.

The 64 bit Linux ODBC driver may have some bugs.

--
WBR, SD.