Permission denied DBEAVER

Yoshisaky

Jan 10, 2024, 9:12:04 AMJan 10
to firebird-support

Hello!

I want to know if it's possible to connect to a database using database manager 'DBeaver'. I took the database from the backup files of the original database. I have a virtual machine running FEDORA where I restored the db backup and dbeaver installed. I have the correct username and password (I can connect and run queries using isql). I read somewhere in the Firebird documentation that any connection must be done through the firebird service but I don't know how to configure dbeaver for such purpose.

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 10, 2024, 9:15:25 AMJan 10
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is possible, and it works fine. If you get a permission denied
error, then probably the Firebird database is in a location where the
user running the Firebird server application doesn't have access rights
to the file system (e.g. if you try to access a database file in your
user home directory).

If you use ISQL, but don't specify a hostname, you connect with Firebird
embedded, meaning you're using *your* filesystem permissions, and not
those of the user running the server.

You'll probably get the same error if you use a localhost:<path-to-db>
in ISQL, instead of just <path-to-db>.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Jan 10, 2024, 9:18:16 AMJan 10
Yoshisaky wrote 10.01.2024 15:03:
> I want to know if it's possible to connect to a database using database manager
> 'DBeaver'.

I think this question would be more appropriate in "DBeaver" support list.
Probability to get a precise answer may be bigger there.

--
WBR, SD.

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 10, 2024, 9:23:20 AMJan 10
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
It wouldn't be IMHO. DBeaver works fine with Firebird, I use it all the
time. This is probably a connection error that Firebird produces because
it cannot open the database file, but to be honest, more debugging
information would be needed to confirm that (e.g. the *exact* error, the
configuration, etc.)

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Hugo Eyng | Datamais

Jan 10, 2024, 3:57:08 PMJan 10
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello, friends.

I use DBEaver and it works fine.
DBEaver is slower than other tools like IBExpert, because the way it connect to the Firebrid. Even so, it is good.

Look at your firewall. You should "open" port 3050.

Atenciosamente,

Hugo

Yoshisaky

Jun 2, 2024, 1:14:35 PMJun 2
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for your support.
Sorry for the very late reply but I was swamped with work.
I was able to connect to the database with DBeaver. I moved the database file to /opt/firebird/examples/empbuild and changed the ownership to the firebird user and firebird group. I also added the alias for the db in the databases.conf file.
👍

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "firebird-support" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-support/CAPjsPP2QevuKUSRJ%3DCvRNm-nfNk%3D3RnnDCPWVh3KFU%2Bw9gj39g%40mail.gmail.com.