FB and GIS data types?

Andrea Raimondi

Jul 22, 2021, 9:33:56 PM7/22/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Anyone's got good tips on using FB with GIS data types such as Lat/Long and the relevant operations? I mean I can probably find a way around it with a mix of SPs and code but I'd rather not.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

AlexPeshkoff

Jul 23, 2021, 3:46:18 AM7/23/21
to firebird-support
The main problem is missing spatial index, and unfotunately I see no solution for it except adding it to engine's codebase.

пятница, 23 июля 2021 г. в 04:33:56 UTC+3, andrea....@gmail.com:

liviuslivius

Jul 23, 2021, 12:06:23 PM7/23/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
GIS is not supported by FB in the way all think about GIS term.

But all depend of the data and operation and calculations you need. We use e.g. triangles. We have procedure which divide any area into triangles. Triangles math is simple and well known as it is used in all game engine.
You can create top area table and detsil with triangle description with rect area conture and create some helper indexes.

But as i say all depend of the needs.

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

Jul 23, 2021, 11:15:20 PM7/23/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I mean, I could create all the stored procedures etc. but it's tedious and error prone.
Do you know of anyone who's done something for this as an open source and/or paid for package?

Thanks!

Mr. Andrea Raimondi
I shatter fantasies to deliver solutions.

Andrea Raimondi

Jul 25, 2021, 8:49:30 AM7/25/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
So... it turns out that there is something for Delphi to help with GIS: https://bitbucket.org/mathias_burbach/geolocation/src/master/

Please take a look to see if it fits your needs. At a skim it appears to fit mine.

Norbert Saint Georges

Jul 25, 2021, 8:58:25 AM7/25/21
Andrea Raimondi a écrit :
> So... it turns out that there is something for Delphi to help with GIS:
> https://bitbucket.org/mathias_burbach/geolocation/src/master/
>
> Please take a look to see if it fits your needs. At a skim it appears to
> fit mine.

Interesting.
The source code uses the WGS84 standard but not too difficult to port
to UDR.

--
Norbert Saint Georges
http://tetrasys.fi