Replication from server1, many databases

hamacker

Jun 4, 2024, 1:45:10 PMJun 4
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hi ALL,
Please, one more explanation.
In replication.conf (publisher side)

database = c:\db\foo1.fdb

{

  journal_directory = c:\db\journal

  journal_archive_directory = c:\db\archive

  journal_archive_timeout = 3600

  verbose_logging = false

}

If I want more databases, can I use:
database = c:\db\foo1.fdb, c:\db\foo2.fdb, c:\db\foo3.fdb
{
}
Or do I need to replicate the entire block just rename "database=foo"?

Thanks

Elmar Haneke

Jun 5, 2024, 4:17:18 AMJun 5
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

If I want more databases, can I use:
database = c:\db\foo1.fdb, c:\db\foo2.fdb, c:\db\foo3.fdb
{
}

Is there any relation between these databases?
I would assume to replicate them independently:

database = c:\db\foo1.fdb
{
}
database = c:\db\foo2.fdb
{
}
database = c:\db\foo3.fdb
{
}

hamacker

Jun 5, 2024, 8:26:41 AMJun 5
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Databases for different purposes, some of them are shared, others not. For example, some of them are just for developers, reports, ....

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Jun 5, 2024, 8:58:38 AMJun 5
hamacker wrote 05.06.2024 14:26:
> Databases for different purposes, some of them are shared, others not. For
> example, some of them are just for developers, reports, ....

No, you cannot list several target databases in one "database" block.
What is worse: you cannot use the same source directory for different target
databases because applied journal segments are deleted and when one target
database "consume" one them - others will be of of luck.
You have to multiplicate segments from the source to every target manually by
a scheduled job or a custom archiving command.

--
WBR, SD.

hamacker

Jun 6, 2024, 8:09:26 AMJun 6