Version 3.0 to version 2.5

Learn Softwares

May 19, 2023, 7:12:47 AM5/19/23
to firebird-support
I have version 3.0 installed on my computer including the database created. I will now need to install version 2.5 but it is not recognizing my database that I created in Firebird 3.0. How can I make it fit? Note: I need to keep all my database structure (tables).

Dimitry Sibiryakov

May 19, 2023, 7:16:30 AM5/19/23
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Learn Softwares wrote 19.05.2023 13:12:
> How can I make it fit?

Firebird databases are not compatible between different versions. There is no
way to make Firebird 2.5 to open databases from Firebird 3.

--
WBR, SD.

Elmar Haneke

May 19, 2023, 9:24:28 AM5/19/23
to firebird...@googlegroups.com

Am 19.05.23 um 13:12 schrieb Learn Softwares:
There is no way reading FDB from v3 in v2.5.

You can backup Database from FB3 server using gbak util from FB2.5.

There is a chance that you can restore that to FB2.5.

If there is some Error you might have to modify FB3 database before
backup (eliminate usage of new features).

Elmar