Fwd: [Firebird-docs] Firebird 3.0 Language Reference

marius adrian popa

Feb 20, 2021, 1:34:00 PM2/20/21
to firebird ro
Cine doreste poate sa arunce un ochi :)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Rotteveel <ma...@lawinegevaar.nl>
Date: Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 6:02 PM
Subject: [Firebird-docs] Firebird 3.0 Language Reference
To: Chatter regarding Firebird documentation <firebi...@lists.sourceforge.net>

I have finished up the first version of the Firebird 3.0 Language
Reference, I used the 2.5 version as starting point, and added new
things based on the release notes and the Russian Firebird 3.0 Language
Reference, and made corrections based on inspecting the actual syntax
and close reading of the existing text.

Before I put the links up on the website, I'd like another set of eyes
on it. Not so much content-wise, as more layout-wise (e.g. weird
rendering problems), as by now I'm seeing a bit cross-eyed ;)

Links:

HTML:
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fblangref30/firebird-30-language-reference.html

PDF:
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/pdf/en/refdocs/fblangref30/firebird-30-language-reference.pdf

I committed the document as one large commit. Originally, I had it
separated out into individual commits, but somewhere along the way I got
sidetracked by making consistency changes all over the document, or a
change in one part triggered a revision elsewhere, and in the end I gave
up on making incremental commits and decided to just use one commit. My
apologies to translators for this, but it was the only way to retain my
sanity.

If you need to diff sources to find out what changed, I recommend taking
the Firebird 2.5 Language Reference sources, rename them to match the
3.0 version, and split the DDL and Security chapter in similar fashion
as done for the 3.0 version (per keyword or subject).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel