A new version of the Firebird PHP driver is available.

Adrian Marius Popa

Dec 10, 2020, 10:15:05 AM12/10/20
to Firebird-PHP
A new version of the Firebird PHP driver is available. Precompiled binaries for PHP 7.3 , 7.4 and 8.0 are available at the download section.

The driver is marked as 1.1.0 stable .

Emil Totev

Jan 4, 2021, 10:39:12 AMJan 4
to Firebird-PHP
Found the time to test on CentOS 7 with PHP8.

The precompiled driver fails to load because of an unresolved symbol:
 (/usr/lib64/php/modules/interbase.so: undefined symbol: TSRMLS_SET_CTX)) in Unknown on line 0

I  managed to compile the module myself and it then loads and seems to work. However when I run 'make test', 12 of the 22 tests FAIL. Is this expected, or I should be looking into each of these failures separately to try and understand what's wrong?

Thanks
Emil

martin.koeditz

Jan 5, 2021, 2:12:51 AMJan 5
to Firebird-PHP
Hi Emil,

thank you for the feedback. It's kind of strange, since I commited a fix for the described problem, but maybe I just packed an old compiled version. I will check this weekend.

I never run the test cases. I always get wrong results. But maybe I'm able to create a new workflow or to fix the old one. Will check this too.

Regards
Martin

Emil Totev

Jan 5, 2021, 2:26:32 AMJan 5
to Firebird-PHP
Hi Martin
It would probably help if you can somehow include the commit hash in that "Interbase extension version" that phpinfo() is showing.

Regards
Emil

martin.koeditz

Jan 5, 2021, 4:28:03 AMJan 5
to Firebird-PHP
The commit hash is generated after checking in the code. So I cannot include it into the version info.

Martin

Emil Totev

Jan 5, 2021, 4:53:53 AMJan 5
to Firebird-PHP
Directly in the source code - no. But many projects do it, I think, as a step in the build process - the information is extracted into a temporary file that is included or passed to the compiler in a variable. At least for 'official' builds that are going to be released.

It is very useful to know what exactly version of a software you are running - especially in cases like this. The alternative way of doing that would be to make sure you manually increase a build number before every commit or so, like the Firebird project itself are doing, but this is prone to errors.

Regards
Emil

martin.koeditz

Jan 9, 2021, 12:52:20 PMJan 9
to Firebird-PHP
Emil,

can you check the available version on Github against the TSRMLS_SET_CTX error? I uploaded a recompiled version.

Thanks
Martin

Emil Totev

Jan 9, 2021, 1:05:06 PMJan 9
to Firebird-PHP
Hi Martin
The new version of php-8.0.0-interbase-1.1.0-linux-x64.so works OK for me on CentOS 7. One of these days I am going to try it on Centos 8 as well and let you know.

Regards

John vd Waeter

Apr 25, 2021, 6:31:03 AMApr 25
to Firebird-PHP
Hi,
I'm forced to upgrade my website from Debian 7 PHP 5 to Debian 9, PHP 7.4 and I noticed there's no apt-get php7-interbase anymore.
Am I correct that this 1.1.0 driver is a replacement for that?

If so, I really need the steps to install this driver...  anyone?

Thanks in advance!
John

Emil Totev

Apr 25, 2021, 9:13:53 AMApr 25
to Firebird-PHP
Hi John
I haven't tried this on Debian yet, but on CentOS it was quite straight-forward: you copy interbase.so to the php extensions directory (on CentOS it was /usr/lib64/php/modules/interbase.so) and make sure  you have the line 'extension=interbase' in your php.ini.

Regards
Emil

John vd Waeter

Apr 25, 2021, 12:07:00 PMApr 25
to Firebird-PHP
Emil,
Thanks, that seems to work :)
I'll do some extensive testing and report back.
Cheers,
John

John vd Waeter

May 2, 2021, 8:00:36 AMMay 2
to Firebird-PHP
Sofar no problems. Must say I'm testing against Firebird 2.5.9 on Debian.
John