.NET FW 4.8

Jiří Činčura

Dec 21, 2020, 5:18:22 AM12/21/20
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
Hi *,

I'm seriously thinking moving the .NET FW support to 4.8 only and dropping that in a year or two. Tell me why keeping current 4.5.2 and having new versions is a must for you...

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

baur...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2020, 5:24:30 AM12/21/20
to firebird-net-provider

Hello Jiri,

1. Only .net 4.8 support is ok, because its the last .net framework

2. Do you conisder to drop 4.8 support as well in one or two years? If I understood your posting correctly in this aspect - then please keep the 4.8 support as long as MS supports it as well

Thanks

Niko

Jiří Činčura

Dec 21, 2020, 5:30:49 AM12/21/20
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> 2. Do you conisder to drop 4.8 support as well in one or two years? If
> I understood your posting correctly in this aspect - then please keep
> the 4.8 support as long as MS supports it as well

.NET FW is now part of OS and hence shares the same lifecycle policy of underlying OS. I think I don't have resources to keep it supported for the same time. But older versions will continue to work.