Compiling the .NET ADO Provider 9.0

Steve Naidamast

Apr 26, 2022, 12:56:56 PM4/26/22
to firebird-net-provider
I have been trying to compile the source code for this latest version of the provider but all I get are a lot of compile-time errors.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you...

Jiří Činčura

Apr 26, 2022, 2:37:43 PM4/26/22
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
Unless you tell us what errors, we can hardly help you.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-net-provider/61369236-13af-4e96-9ea8-769a856de838n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-net-provider/61369236-13af-4e96-9ea8-769a856de838n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Steve Naidamast

Apr 26, 2022, 2:48:41 PM4/26/22
to firebird-net-provider
I found the issue...

I needed to install Visual Studio 2022...

Visual Studio 2019 is where I was getting all of the errors...

Steve Naidamast

Apr 26, 2022, 5:10:08 PM4/26/22
to firebird-net-provider
Is there a reason why the latest version of the ADO Provider cannot be compiled to .NET Framework 4.6?

Thank you...

Jiří Činčura

Apr 27, 2022, 4:50:07 AM4/27/22
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
Yes. .NET 4.6 is no longer supported. And supporting outdated versions hinders progress.

Steve Naidamast

Apr 27, 2022, 10:33:39 AM4/27/22
to firebird-net-provider
But if I wanted to compile against the 4.6 version of the .NET Framework what changes would I have to do?

Doesn't matter to me if it is supported or not, it is a stable version of the Framework...

Jiří Činčura

Apr 27, 2022, 12:14:36 PM4/27/22
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> But if I wanted to compile against the 4.6 version of the .NET
> Framework what changes would I have to do?

I don't know. You have to figure it out yourself (or pay somebody to do it).