ddex

xro...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2021, 6:11:40 AM3/25/21
to firebird-net-provider
is DDEX is  over ?
i have project base on ddex on visual studio 2019

and i dont have option to install front gui for the firebird

for this i need to convert  all the project to database with ddex support

i dont understand this ?

Jiří Činčura

Mar 25, 2021, 6:20:29 AM3/25/21
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> is DDEX is over ?

Basically yes. With some manual persuasion you can make it work.

> i dont understand this ?

Not sure what "this" refers to.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

xroot

Mar 26, 2021, 3:08:25 AM3/26/21
to firebird-n...@googlegroups.com
If my project is base on ddex.
What I need to do.
Do I need start all over ?
With different database with ddex support

Jiří Činčura

Mar 26, 2021, 3:28:29 AM3/26/21
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
How can your project be based on DDEX? DDEX is purely Visual Studio thing. It has nothing to do with running the application.

xroot

Mar 26, 2021, 5:18:11 AM3/26/21
to firebird-n...@googlegroups.com
I am using the firebird ddex for the gui .
With winforms dataset gui.

Jiří Činčura

Mar 26, 2021, 5:42:10 AM3/26/21
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> I am using the firebird ddex for the gui .
> With winforms dataset gui.

Still, DDEX is not needed to run your application.

And as I said, DDEX still works in VS. It is just no longer maintained.