Issue tagging

Jiří Činčura

Jul 28, 2021, 8:24:55 AM7/28/21
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
Hi *,

I'm looking at the tags that we created while importing from JIRA and I'm wondering about usefulness of these:
1. "type": Does it really matter whether it's a "bug" or "improvement"?
2. "affect-version": I understand the reason for this, but I think it's worthless in our case. A simple version in problem description is enough. Given that the tag is set purely based on where the error was observed, but not validated against even similar version, the value seems to be low, if not close to nothing.

Anybody objects if I remove these?

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

Luciano Rodrigues Nunes Mendes

Jul 30, 2021, 5:56:26 AM7/30/21
to firebird-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jiri,

I think that issue type (Bug/improvement) is important.

Best regards,
Luciano

Jiří Činčura

Jul 30, 2021, 6:53:43 AM7/30/21
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> I think that issue type (Bug/improvement) is important.

Can you elaborate?

Lynn Bennett

Jul 30, 2021, 8:07:12 AM7/30/21
to firebird-n...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Luciano. Bug fixes of latest released version should be top priority and having bugs tagged as such would make it easier to report out and prioritize incoming issues.

Luciano Rodrigues Nunes Mendes

Jul 30, 2021, 2:33:31 PM7/30/21
to firebird-n...@googlegroups.com
In my view a bug can prevent a customer from updating their software much more than a lack of functionality (improvement).

Classifying an issue as a bug or improvement facilitates the customer's evaluation when deciding to migrate a version.

Did you get my point of view?

Best regards,
Luciano

Jiří Činčura

Jul 30, 2021, 3:00:52 PM7/30/21
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> In my view a bug can prevent a customer from updating their software
> much more than a lack of functionality (improvement).
>
> Classifying an issue as a bug or improvement facilitates the customer's
> evaluation when deciding to migrate a version.
>
> Did you get my point of view?

OK, makes sense. Thanks.

I'll keep the tag for this.