object xxxx is in use

DANIEL JUNGES

May 9, 2023, 7:49:38 AM5/9/23
to firebird-net-provider
Hi dears developers,

Sometimes we need to make changes to our procedures in the database.
Since I updated Firebird from version 2.1 to 4.0, now when I want to change a procedure I get the follow error message, if any user is still logged on the database:

object ... is in use --> FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException: lock conflict on no wait transaction

This is causing us problems with automatic updates.
Is there any way to be able to update a procedure, even with a user connected?

many thanks for every response
regards
Daniel Junges

Jiří Činčura

May 9, 2023, 8:15:19 AM5/9/23
to 'Mr. John' via firebird-net-provider
> Is there any way to be able to update a procedure, even with a user connected?

Not reliably. Best to disconnect all users, do maintenance and then continue working.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/