Experimental package to load Firebird Embedded from the classpath with Jaybird 5 on Windows with

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 10, 2023, 8:37:08 AM1/10/23
to firebird-java
Jaybird 5.0.0 introduces a way to load Firebird Embedded using an SPI. I
have created an experimental package which can be used on Windows to
load Firebird Embedded from the classpath.

You can find the details on
https://github.com/mrotteveel/jaybird-embedded-win32-x86-64/

For now this is Windows x86-64 only. I've looked at a Linux version, but
I ran into a number of issues related to the default Firebird build.

I'm not sure if I will release further versions of this, but maybe it
can serve as a template for others. Right now, it involves some manual
labour to build (with the Firebird binaries actually checked into git,
which is ugly). This really should be automated, but on the other hand
I'm actually not that big a fan of Firebird Embedded, and it isn't
actually a use case I'm interested in myself ;).
--
Mark Rotteveel

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 2, 2024, 6:24:35 AMJan 2
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
I released a new version 4.0.4.0-alpha-1 of this library to supply
Firebird Embedded on the classpath. It provides the Firebird 4.0.4.3010
win32-x86-64 binaries (that is: 64-bit Windows) for embedded use.

To use with Maven:

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.firebirdsql.embedded</groupId>
<artifactId>jaybird-firebird-embedded-win32-x86-64</artifactId>
<version>4.0.4.0-alpha-1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.firebirdsql.jdbc</groupId>
<artifactId>jaybird</artifactId>
<version>5.0.3.java11</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>net.java.dev.jna</groupId>
<artifactId>jna</artifactId>
<version>5.12.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

All comments in my previous message regarding being experimental, and no
guarantee of future releases, etc., still apply.

For more details, see
https://github.com/mrotteveel/jaybird-embedded-win32-x86-64

Mark