Embedded 2.5 & 4.0 question

Hugo Larson

Oct 16, 2022, 8:29:08 AM10/16/22
to Firebird-java
Hello,

I'm trying to create a small Java program tom convert a FB 2.5 DB to 4.0 and following the example:
Jaybird with Firebird embedded example

Backup FB2.5 works fine but when restore I set  "jna.library.path" to path where natives to FB4 are but when restoring FB4 natives are not loaded. Software still has FB2.5 loaded even though I set System.setProperty("jna.library.path", "fb4natives");

Any clue to how to "unload" FB2.5 or any other solution?

Thanks,
Hugo.

Mark Rotteveel

Oct 16, 2022, 8:38:48 AM10/16/22
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
On 16-10-2022 14:29, 'Hugo Larson' via firebird-java wrote:
> I'm trying to create a small Java program tom convert a FB 2.5 DB to 4.0
> and following the example:
> Jaybird with Firebird embedded example
> <https://www.lawinegevaar.nl/firebird/jaybird_embedded_example.html>

You can't within the same run of a program. Once a fbclient is loaded,
it is used for all operations that need a native client.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Hugo Larson

Oct 16, 2022, 8:49:08 AM10/16/22
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the answer. In short the JVM has to be restarted.