BACKUP_NO_GARBAGE_COLLECT

Tomasz Dubiel

Dec 21, 2022, 3:38:10 AM12/21/22
to firebird-java
Hello.
How can I set in the application in BackupManager to not perform garbage collection? For sure its about this parameter, but what value should I set?
Best regards,
Tomasz.

Tomasz Dubiel

Dec 21, 2022, 4:53:28 AM12/21/22
to firebird-java
Should I set the value 8?

Tomasz Dubiel

Dec 21, 2022, 5:00:12 AM12/21/22
to firebird-java

I probably should use it in this way:

backupDatabase(8);

Tomasz Dubiel

Dec 21, 2022, 5:01:46 AM12/21/22
to firebird-java

backupDatabase(backupManager.BACKUP_NO_GARBAGE_COLLECT)

Mark Rotteveel

Dec 21, 2022, 7:09:51 AM12/21/22
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
On 21-12-2022 11:01, Tomasz Dubiel wrote:
> backupDatabase(backupManager.BACKUP_NO_GARBAGE_COLLECT)

See also the Jaybird documentation at
https://firebirdsql.github.io/jaybird-manual/jaybird_manual.html#services-backup-and-restore-gbak
Near the end of that section it has a table of the available options,
and an example for restore (it works similar for backup).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Tomasz Dubiel