10054 error everytime

Tomasz Dubiel

Nov 3, 2021, 3:25:00 AM11/3/21
to firebird-java
Hello.
What am I doing wrong? Latest Jaybird driver, Firebird 2.5.9 Classic Server.
I create connection, create statement, call statement.executequery(). I get results ,I close resultset, statement and connection. Everything goes ok, but firebird.log gets entries about 10054 error.
If code is needed, I will attach.

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 3, 2021, 3:28:18 AM11/3/21
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
Error 10054 is a connection reset by peer. Generally, it means the
TCP/IP connection ended without being closed correctly (op_disconnect
sent). So, if you closed the connection, this could be a problem in
Jaybird itself. A minimal reproducible example would be helpful.

Mark

Tomasz Dubiel

Nov 3, 2021, 7:55:12 AM11/3/21
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
Trivial error. No closing of the connection 🤣

Mark Rotteveel

Nov 3, 2021, 7:58:02 AM11/3/21
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
On 2021-11-03 10:05, Tomasz Dubiel wrote:
> Trivial error. No closing of the connection 🤣

Thanks for letting me know :). Just in case you don't use it yet: use
try-with-resources as much as possible.

Mark