Setting JNA for embedded FB on linux

Adam McMahon

Aug 24, 2020, 2:34:23 PM8/24/20
to firebird-java
Hi,

I am trying to get embedded FB to work on linux.  I did the standard install on ubuntu 16 32bit.

I see that it created a folder /opt/firebird

So, I set that as the JNA folder, but this did not seem to work.  I saw some old docs for linux embedded, but it was for a much older version of FB. Is there a newer doc?  Or any other info?

Best,

-Adam

Mark Rotteveel

Aug 24, 2020, 2:38:39 PM8/24/20
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
I usually work on Windows, so I'm not that familiar with Firebird on
Linux, and then only using it as a server, and not with Firebird
Embedded. In any case, you will need to point jna.library.path to
wherever libfbclient.so is located.

I will try to find some time to try out some things on Linux, but likely
that will have to wait until this weekend.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Adam McMahon

Aug 24, 2020, 2:42:59 PM8/24/20
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Thanks for the quick suggestion.  I will mess with it a bit more on my end and see if I can get the JNA to work.  No rush on this!

-Adam

Adam McMahon

Sep 14, 2020, 3:44:17 PM9/14/20
to firebird-java
Mark,

I was unssucessful at getting JNA to work on linux, have you had any positive results?

-Adam

Mark Rotteveel

Sep 16, 2020, 5:40:25 AM9/16/20
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
On 2020-09-14 21:44, Adam McMahon wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I was unssucessful at getting JNA to work on linux, have you had any
> positive results?

I'm sorry, I haven't had time yet to look at yet. JNA itself should work
just fine on Linux, as I have tested that before. The problem however is
- IIRC - that Firebird Embedded on Linux requires a fully installed
Firebird.

Mark