GUID

Hugo Larson

May 10, 2022, 11:10:11 AM5/10/22
to Firebird-java
Hello,

I'm exploring the new GUID based nbackup with incremental function.

I need to look up the "Database backup GUID" with JayBird but can't find a example.

I think it's FBStatisticsManager class but not not sure.

Thanks,
Hugo

Hugo Larson

May 11, 2022, 9:23:58 AM5/11/22
to Firebird-java

Mark Rotteveel

May 11, 2022, 11:25:01 AM5/11/22
to 'Hugo Larson' via firebird-java
Simplest is to execute `select MON$GUID from MON$DATABASE`.

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel

Mark Rotteveel

May 11, 2022, 11:29:13 AM5/11/22
to firebi...@googlegroups.com
As an aside, it would be possible to retrieve with an information
request for fb_info_db_guid, but 1) Jaybird currently doesn't include
these new constants, and 2) would require you to write decoding the GUID
yourself.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel