Unidentified network and Firebird

Yaroslav Witol

Dec 8, 2022, 3:08:28 AM12/8/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Hello . Can someone tell me what the problem is: when switching the electricity to the generator, the power goes out for a couple of seconds. The network on the computers on the UPS receives the status "Unidentified network". The Internet is available on them, but the Firebird database server is not. When the computer with the server is restarted, it is already available to client machines. How to overcome this situation? I put UPS on the central router and media converters - it didn't help.

Mark Rotteveel

Dec 8, 2022, 9:03:33 AM12/8/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
This sounds more like a network problem than a Firebird problem.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

fr...@schlottmann-goedde.de

Dec 14, 2022, 7:06:23 AM12/14/22
to firebird-general
Try to add firewall rules allowing access to port 3050 for "Unidentified networks".

hth.
Frank

Virgo Pärna

Dec 20, 2022, 4:36:19 AM12/20/22
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
Windows thinks, that you are now on public network instead of
private. You need to allow Firebird in Firewall also in this network
profile.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo...@mail.ee