Re: Imstalling Firebird Embedded (5.0) on Ubuntu Linux

Steve Naidamast

Jun 18, 2024, 1:44:38 PMJun 18
to firebird-general
I am starting to consider moving my work to Ubuntu Linux, which I already installed on my primary laptop.

Part of this work is working with Firebird Embedded.

Are there any recent write-ups on how to install Firebird Embedded only on Linux?  I already have the server version on my home-server.

Thank you...

Steve Naidamast
Sr. Software Engineer

Hamish Moffatt

Jun 19, 2024, 4:17:17 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
On 19/6/24 03:44, Steve Naidamast wrote:
> I am starting to consider moving my work to Ubuntu Linux, which I
> already installed on my primary laptop.
>
> Part of this work is working with Firebird Embedded.
>
> Are there any recent write-ups on how to install Firebird Embedded
> only on Linux?  I already have the server version on my home-server.

I don't think there's much to do except unpack the .tar.gz and run the
install script. It'll install the server but you can disable it (sudo
systemctl disable firebird.service).

Unfortunately the install script doesn't have an option not to
install/start the service.

Hamish