Firebird at Opensuse Conference

Philippe Makowski

Jun 17, 2021, 11:01:28 AMJun 17
to firebird-general

For information :

https://opensuse.venueless.events/schedule/talks/50

Firebird: the high performance database that you didnt know was already on your system. Installed with Libre Office, Firebird is a vastly capable RDMS.
19/06/2021 15:00 - 15:45 Stage 1

Following on from the brief introduction at the LibreOffice Summit, I will re-introduce Firebird, the open source version of Interbase, the original embedded systems database. Firebird is a high performance, small footprint database with a long (and interesting) history. Firebird features Stored Procedures, Transactions, Encryption, multi user access, and is SQL-92 compliant, and can handle databases as large as 20 terabytes. Because of its small size, efficiency multiplatorm nature, Firebird is ideally suited to IOT and edge device deployments, at any tier of system architecture. I will go through the steps required to prepare new database for production and multi-user operations, using a simple Django deployment as an example.

Speaker
Patrick Firzgerald