Parallel workers and gfix -icu option

Mark Rotteveel

Apr 16, 2023, 10:12:42 AM4/16/23
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
If I understand the functionality correctly, then gfix -icu rebuilds
indexes, and thus could benefit from parallelization. Right now, the
gfix -parallel option is only valid in combination with -sweep.
Shouldn't it apply to -icu as well?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Vlad Khorsun

Apr 16, 2023, 10:28:41 AM4/16/23
16.04.2023 17:12, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> If I understand the functionality correctly, then gfix -icu rebuilds indexes, and thus could benefit from parallelization. Right
> now, the gfix -parallel option is only valid in combination with -sweep. Shouldn't it apply to -icu as well?

Currently, gfix -icu will benefit from parallelization, if ParallelWorkers is
set to some value greater than 1. As any other application that [re]build indices.
We can make -icu also use -parallel switch for more explicitness, I agree.

Regards,
Vlad

Mark Rotteveel

Apr 16, 2023, 10:47:14 AM4/16/23