Blob character set and create2/open2

Mark Rotteveel

Dec 20, 2022, 7:52:59 AM12/20/22
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
I'm overhauling blob creation in Jaybird, and while looking at the
Firebird sources, I noticed that blb::create2 (jrd/blb.cpp) doesn't set
the blb_charset field of the blob to the value derived from the bpb.

I think it should be set (for text blobs), or am I missing something here?

Related to this, I think that when calling create2, I can set
isc_bpb_target_type and isc_bpb_target_interp and don't need to bother
with setting isc_bpb_source_type and isc_bpb_source_interp. Is that correct?

And for open2, I should also only set isc_bpb_target_* to achieve
transliteration (if any is needed), right?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Mark Rotteveel

Dec 20, 2022, 8:05:33 AM12/20/22
On 20-12-2022 13:52, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> Related to this, I think that when calling create2, I can set
> isc_bpb_target_type and isc_bpb_target_interp and don't need to bother
> with setting isc_bpb_source_type and isc_bpb_source_interp. Is that
> correct?

OK, some testing shows that with create2, if I specify isc_bpb_target_*,
I should also specify isc_bpb_source_*, otherwise you can get errors
that no filter is found, from - for example - type 0 to type -1.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel