Statement timeout failure in ISQL

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Oct 30, 2022, 12:33:24 PM10/30/22
to Firebird Developers List
Hello All,

what is the reason why failure of setting statement timeout (other that "not
supported") is considered fatal and statement processing is aborted? Especially
in the case when timeout value is zero.

--
WBR, SD.

Vlad Khorsun

Oct 31, 2022, 6:01:06 AM10/31/22
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
By the same reason as error at prepare(), for example. Actually, setting statement timeout
requires no network roundtrip, it just set field of internal variable, and there can't be any
errors except of old client (expected and handled) or fatal ones (wrong stmt handle ?).

Do you have some real issue with it or just asking general questions ?

Regards,
Vlad

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Oct 31, 2022, 6:35:18 AM10/31/22
Vlad Khorsun wrote 31.10.2022 11:01:
>   Do you have some real issue with it or just asking general questions ?

Rather in general than a real issue. My provider for now implements
IAttachment::prepare() and IStatement::getPlan() so I tried to test it but found
that IStatement::setTimeout() returning isc_wish_list is a blocker.
It is not a problem but made me wonder what you were thinking about coding
isql this way.

--
WBR, SD.