Wire protocol equivalent of fb_disconnect_transaction

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 4, 2023, 10:46:53 AM1/4/23
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
If I'm not mistaken, fb_disconnect_transaction is purely something in
fbclient, and there is no equivalent action in the wire protocol, right?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Adriano dos Santos Fernandes

Jan 4, 2023, 7:59:41 PM1/4/23
On 04/01/2023 12:46, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, fb_disconnect_transaction is purely something in
> fbclient, and there is no equivalent action in the wire protocol, right?

Yes, and I do not understand the intention of this function.

Adriano

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 5, 2023, 6:40:19 AM1/5/23
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
It releases the transaction handle. I think it is intended as the
counterpart of isc_reconnect_transaction. Looking at the code, it
destroys the transaction handle, which could be something that is needed
when a connection wants to prepare a transaction for 2-phase commit, but
it isn't the one to actually commit the transaction.

That said, I find it curious that it only performs a client-side
operation. You'd expect that in a case where you do disconnect, it would
also need to clear the server-side transaction handle.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Alex Peshkoff