in FB5, creation of an index with a name length of 34 ok, deleted ko

ကြည့်ရှုမှု ၁၇ ကြိမ်
မဖတ်ရသေးသည့် ပထမဆုံးမက်ဆေ့ဂျ်သို့ ကျော်ရန်

Norbert Saint Georges

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၂:၁၆:၄၀၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
This operation is not defined for system tables.
unsuccessful metadata update.
DROP INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed.
arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation.
string right truncation.
expected length 31, actual 34.
<Missing arg #1 - possibly status vector overflow>.
SQLCODE: -607
SQLSTATE: 22001
GDSCODE: 335544351

In this case, how to solve the problem?

--
Norbert Saint Georges
http://tetrasys.fi

Mark Rotteveel

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၂:၅၆:၄၃၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce it (using snapshot 5.0.0.1017 from last week). Did you
by any chance modify the MaxIdentifierByteLength or
MaxIdentifierCharLength in firebird.conf or databases.conf?

What is the output of

select RDB$CONFIG_NAME, RDB$CONFIG_VALUE
from RDB$CONFIG
where RDB$CONFIG_NAME in ('MaxIdentifierByteLength',
'MaxIdentifierCharLength');

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Norbert Saint Georges

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၃:၀၃:၁၅၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
Mark Rotteveel a écrit :
> On 28-04-2023 08:16, Norbert Saint Georges wrote:
>> This operation is not defined for system tables.
>> unsuccessful metadata update.
>> DROP INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed.
>> arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation.
>> string right truncation.
>> expected length 31, actual 34.
>> <Missing arg #1 - possibly status vector overflow>.
>> SQLCODE: -607
>> SQLSTATE: 22001
>> GDSCODE: 335544351
>>
>> In this case, how to solve the problem?
>
> I can't reproduce it (using snapshot 5.0.0.1017 from last week). Did you by
> any chance modify the MaxIdentifierByteLength or MaxIdentifierCharLength in
> firebird.conf or databases.conf?

I always use the default config created when compiling the git sources
:-)

> What is the output of
>
> select RDB$CONFIG_NAME, RDB$CONFIG_VALUE
> from RDB$CONFIG
> where RDB$CONFIG_NAME in ('MaxIdentifierByteLength',
> 'MaxIdentifierCharLength');

RDB$CONFIG_NAME RDB$CONFIG_VALUE
MaxIdentifierByteLength 252
MaxIdentifierCharLength 63

Mark Rotteveel

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၃:၀၄:၄၈၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
On 28-04-2023 09:02, Norbert Saint Georges wrote:
> Mark Rotteveel a écrit :
>>> In this case, how to solve the problem?
>>
>> I can't reproduce it (using snapshot 5.0.0.1017 from last week). Did
>> you by any chance modify the MaxIdentifierByteLength or
>> MaxIdentifierCharLength in firebird.conf or databases.conf?
>
> I always use the default config created when compiling the git sources :-)

How recent was your build? I'll try a more recent snapshot :)

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Norbert Saint Georges

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၃:၀၇:၄၉၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
>> I can't reproduce it (using snapshot 5.0.0.1017 from last week). Did
>> you by any chance modify the MaxIdentifierByteLength or
>> MaxIdentifierCharLength in firebird.conf or databases.conf?
>
> I always use the default config created when compiling the git sources :-)

How recent was your build? I'll try a more recent snapshot :)

:-( no, on this machine it is the Server Version: LI-T5.0.0.743 Firebird 5.0 Initial

Mark Rotteveel

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၃:၁၄:၅၀၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
That version even predates Firebird 5.0.0-beta-1 (5.0.0.973).

The closest snapshot I had available to your version was 5.0.0.762, and
I also can't reproduce it in that version. I suggest retrying with a
newer version. However, your database might not work with recent
Firebird 5.0 versions (you may need to backup and restore).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Vlad Khorsun

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၄:၃၈:၃၈၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
28.04.2023 9:16, Norbert Saint Georges wrote:
> This operation is not defined for system tables.
> unsuccessful metadata update.
> DROP INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed.
> arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation.
> string right truncation.
> expected length 31, actual 34.
> <Missing arg #1 - possibly status vector overflow>.
> SQLCODE: -607
> SQLSTATE: 22001
> GDSCODE: 335544351

Could you run it with isql to see whole status-vector ?

> In this case, how to solve the problem?

First, it should be reproducible

Regards,
Vlad

Norbert Saint Georges

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၄:၅၀:၃၉၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
Mark Rotteveel a écrit :
After installation of the latest sources.
"Server Version: LI-T5.0.0.1035 Firebird 5.0 Beta 2"

test with a new DB ok
backup/restore of the problematic DB ko
"
This operation is not defined for system tables.
unsuccessful metadata update.
DROP INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed.
arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation.
string right truncation.
expected length 31, actual 34.
<Missing arg #1 - possibly status vector overflow>.
SQLCODE: -607
SQLSTATE: 22001
GDSCODE: 335544351
"

but the index is, here, calculated and functional! :-)

ps: the old DB, without backup/restore, works fine.

Norbert Saint Georges

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၅:၀၆:၅၀၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
Vlad Khorsun a écrit :
> 28.04.2023 9:16, Norbert Saint Georges wrote:
>> This operation is not defined for system tables.
>> unsuccessful metadata update.
>> DROP INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed.
>> arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation.
>> string right truncation.
>> expected length 31, actual 34.
>> <Missing arg #1 - possibly status vector overflow>.
>> SQLCODE: -607
>> SQLSTATE: 22001
>> GDSCODE: 335544351
>
> Could you run it with isql to see whole status-vector ?
"
SET STATISTICS INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY;
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 22001
unsuccessful metadata update
-ALTER INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed
-arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation
-string right truncation
-expected length 31, actual 34
-At trigger 'TRIG_DDL_LOG_BEFORE' line: 8, col: 2
"

this one is an intruder "TRIG_DDL_LOG_BEFORE" :-)

>> In this case, how to solve the problem?
>
> First, it should be reproducible
on the latest version of FB, with a new DB, no.
on the latest version of FB and a backup/restore of the DB that
revealed the problem, yes :-)

Vlad Khorsun

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၅:၁၁:၄၄၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
28.04.2023 12:06, Norbert Saint Georges wrote:
> Vlad Khorsun a écrit :
>> 28.04.2023 9:16, Norbert Saint Georges wrote:
>>> This operation is not defined for system tables.
>>> unsuccessful metadata update.
>>> DROP INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed.
>>> arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation.
>>> string right truncation.
>>> expected length 31, actual 34.
>>> <Missing arg #1 - possibly status vector overflow>.
>>> SQLCODE: -607
>>> SQLSTATE: 22001
>>> GDSCODE: 335544351
>>
>>    Could you run it with isql to see whole status-vector ?
> "
> SET STATISTICS INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY;
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 22001
> unsuccessful metadata update
> -ALTER INDEX PK_RM_CUSTOMERS_BUSINNESID_HISTORY failed
> -arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation
> -string right truncation
> -expected length 31, actual 34
> -At trigger 'TRIG_DDL_LOG_BEFORE' line: 8, col: 2
> "
>
> this one is an intruder "TRIG_DDL_LOG_BEFORE" :-)

So, DROP INDEX is not a problem, we should look at TRIG_DDL_LOG_BEFORE,
its getting a bit more clear ;)

>>> In this case, how to solve the problem?
>>
>>    First, it should be reproducible
> on the latest version of FB, with a new DB, no.

Good.

> on the latest version of FB and a backup/restore of the DB that revealed the problem, yes :-)

Could you show that trigger ? Or consider issue as resolved ?

Regards,
Vlad

Norbert Saint Georges

မဖတ်ရသေး၊
၂၀၂၃၊ ဧ ၂၈ ၅:၁၈:၃၄၂၈/၄/၂၃
သို့ firebir...@googlegroups.com
> Could you show that trigger ? Or consider issue as resolved ?

I messed up with an old version, the new one works fine so solved :-)
Sincerely,
Norbert
အားလုံးထံ စာပြန်ရန်
စာရေးသူသို့ စာပြန်ရန်