Gbak success but not completely

Tomasz Dubiel

Jan 25, 2023, 11:34:45 AM1/25/23
to firebird-devel
Hello. I ask here a question after suggestion from Mark Rotteveel
Firebird 3.0.10. I restore a database from gbk file. The process returns:
"gbak:cannot commit index FK_NAGL_NAGL_ID_B_NAGL_BL
gbak: ERROR:violation of FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_NAGL_NAGL_ID_B_NAGL_BL" on table "NAGL"
gbak: ERROR:    Foreign key reference target does not exist
gbak: ERROR:    Problematic key value is ("ID_NAGL" = 278228)
(...)
gbak:fixing views dbkey length
gbak:updating ownership of packages, procedures and tables
gbak:adding missing privileges
gbak:adjusting system generators
gbak:finishing, closing, and going home
gbak:adjusting the ONLINE and FORCED WRITES flags
gbak:Database is not online due to failure to activate one or more indices.
gbak:Run gfix -online to bring database online without active indices."
Is it expected for Firebird to return success even though Firebird can not commit at least one indice?
If it is, is there any better way to discover such problems? I use Jaybird and from the code I get no exception. For now I need to manualy scan the Firebird output for "error".
Mark Rotteveel says:
" There is no better way as far as I'm aware. Jaybird simply returns the
(verbose) output that the service manager provides and throws exception
for errors the service call produces"

Tomasz Dubiel

Jan 27, 2023, 6:33:38 AM1/27/23
to firebird-devel
Should I create a bug report? If not, is there a better way to detect such problems?

Tomasz Dubiel

Jan 31, 2023, 7:44:21 AM1/31/23
to firebird-devel
I assume this is a bug. I will create a bug report.