using snapshots in production

Hamish Moffatt

May 24, 2024, 6:31:03 AMMay 24
to firebird-devel
Hi,
I am working on porting my application from 2.5 to 5. We use Firebird embedded on Windows and Mac, and the server in our Linux application.

Unfortunately I've run into a bug in 5 which is fixed in v5.0-release since February. Is it safe enough to go to production using a snapshot build? Is there a target release date for 5.0.1?

I would also considering using v4 for now instead but there are no Mac builds. Is it supported on Mac?

Thanks
Hamish

Dimitry Sibiryakov

May 24, 2024, 6:38:38 AMMay 24
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
'Hamish Moffatt' via firebird-devel wrote 24.05.2024 12:29:

> Unfortunately I've run into a bug in 5 which is fixed in v5.0-release since
> February. Is it safe enough to go to production using a snapshot build? Is there
> a target release date for 5.0.1?

You always can check functionality of the snapshot yourself or on
https://firebirdtest.com

--
WBR, SD.

Adriano dos Santos Fernandes

May 24, 2024, 6:46:31 AMMay 24
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
I'd say to not use any snapshots at the moment.

IMO https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/issues/8120 is serious not
yet fixed bug.

Adriano

Vlad Khorsun

May 24, 2024, 10:06:44 AMMay 24
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
24.05.2024 13:46, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes:
Fixed now. But there are a couple of other issues to fix before release.

Regards,
Vlad

Hamish Moffatt

May 27, 2024, 9:41:27 PMMay 27
to firebir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this link. It seems like the tests have not run in 13 days or so.

Hamish